Find out why TK O’Ryan believes The Kingdom are such a cohesive unit, what his message is to The Kingdom’s loyal subjects and their detractors, what it means to be a sassy wild horse and more.
1. The Kingdom are now three-time ROH World Six-Man Tag Team Champions. No other team has held the titles more than once. What makes The Kingdom such a cohesive unit?
There are two things. One: We were friends before taking over Ring of Honor. The Kingdom was formed long before our successful debut. Two: Individually, we each have our own unique greatness. Any combination of The Kingdom, whether it be the full team, tag or singles, is a problem.
2. If you weren’t a pro wrestler, what would you be doing for a living?
I know more about baseball than most people know about themselves. If I wasn’t wrestling I would be coaching the game somewhere.
3. Do you have any hidden talents?
I’m good at everything I do. Really the only reason any of my talents are hidden is because I haven’t shown you yet.
4. What is your earliest memory of pro wrestling?
I’m not as romantic about pro wrestling as so many of my peers. As far as I’m concerned, my earliest memory of it is the day I started training. If you really want to be a Melvin about it then I guess I could say I can remember watching pro wrestling as a young horse with my nana.
5. What is the best advice you've been given about the wrestling business and who gave it to you?
“Wrestling rewards those who stick around.” I’ve always taken this to mean that quitting is for losers. Do anything but don’t quit. “H20 Ryan Waters” -- a New England legend -- taught me that.
6. Do you have a favorite “cheat” food?
I don’t like candy and sweets. If I’m going cheat food I want a burrito or burger. Something serious.
7. What exactly is a sassy wild horse?
Me. Read my answers to these questions. Watch me wrestle. Listen to me speak. Really, just pay attention to anything I do. You’ll get it.
8. We know you played baseball for four years at Division I Holy Cross. Give me a scouting report on TK O’Ryan the baseball player.
Tremendous athlete. Awful temper. Not afraid to do anything to win. Also, damn, could he rake, with power to both gaps.
9. When we interviewed Vinny Marseglia recently he talked about what his family’s house is like during Halloween, and he said to ask you and Matt Taven about his family. So what’s the deal with Vinny’s family?
Vinny’s family is the real life Addams Family. His wife has a lot of awesome tattoo art just like Vinny, and together they have a little Wednesday Addams that is 4 years old and can name all of the iconic horror movie villains. Their house is covered in scary stuff. On every inch of wall space they’ve got knives, chains, horror props, dinosaur heads, et cetera. Glass cases proudly show off their assortment of heads. There’s an entire display of bloody weaponry that Vinny swears up and down are just props, but honestly I’m not convinced.
10. Any final words for Honor Nation, both the loyal subjects of The Kingdom as well as the detractors?
To the loyal subjects: Your continued support is crucial to the growth of The Kingdom. Thank you from the bottom of my heart. To the detractors: Who’s “The Best Around?”