ROH’s popular backstage correspondent Quinn McKay reveals her celebrity crush, what attracted her to pro wrestling, who her least favorite wrestlers to interview are, and more.
1. At what age did you become a wrestling fan and what made you become a fan?
I occasionally watched wrestling with my brother when I was a kid, but I didn’t really get into it until I was a freshman in high school. I had just moved to a new town, and the girl I forced to be my best friend was a huge wrestling fan. I was a theater kid, so the theatricality of it is what really drew me in. To this day, I’m a sucker for a great entrance.
2. Do you have any hidden talents?
I’m not entirely tone deaf. Incredible at procrastination. That’s about it.
3. Do you have a guilty pleasure?
Yes, and it’s Taylor Swift.
4. What’s something popular that you just don’t see the appeal of?
Internet trolling. Just be nice to people. I don’t understand.
5. Who is your celebrity crush?
OK, so this question in particular has caused me the greatest anxiety, because I honestly don’t think I have one. Maybe The Rock? Is The Rock the obvious answer?
6. What’s on your bucket list?
I’d really like to find and then eat the best cheeseburger in the world. Like the hands down, religious experience, life-changing, best cheeseburger. Feel free to send me tips.
7. What do you look for when choosing a bow tie?
Not a lot. It mostly comes down to the game-time decision of, “Does this match literally anything I own?”
8. You made your debut as a play-by-play announcer on the first Future of Honor show. How was that experience?
I like to try new things, but I’m also a perfectionist. I have the Type-A personality to end all Type-A personalities. So if you can imagine that, it was about like that. Truly, though, it was a great experience and I’d love the opportunity to get better at it.
9. Who are your favorite ROH stars to interview?
I am objective and impartial.
10. Fair enough. So who are your least favorite ROH stars to interview?
I am objective and impartial! But it rhymes with The Smellure.