LifeBlood’s Mark Haskins reveals his thoughts on American football, the embarrassing moment he suffered in the ring with Dalton Castle, his guilty pleasure (it involves Marty Scurll) and more.
1. First off, we know you suffered a partial tear in your calf recently. How did it happen and how are you feeling?
It happened mid-match at a live event. I took a kick to the calf and it twinged a little, nothing too major. I thought nothing of it. I finished the match and then as I'm strolling around backstage I realized I was in a tremendous amount of pain, which wasn't fun.
2. What’s the best advice you’ve been given about the wrestling business and who gave it to you?
Keep your mouth shut and your eyes and your ears open. Quite a few people told me that. Looking back, maybe they just wanted me to be quiet. Oh well, it ended up being sound advice in the end, as I learned a lot.
3. What’s a subject you’d like to know more about?
How to be a multi-millionaire without having to work.
4. What’s something that’s popular that you just don’t see the appeal of?
American football. I wish I enjoyed it, as so many people seem to get mad pumped over it. It's just kind of boring. Like, let's put some fireworks in the ball or something, see how many times you can score before the ball explodes. Let's turn the heat up a bit, arm the guys with weapons or put them on horseback or something, I don't know.
5. What’s your favorite thing about wrestling in the U.S.?
I like getting to travel and see the country. It's a beautiful place and I love getting to be a tourist from time to time. I also love the Ghost Pepper peanuts. When I landed in Texas I found the first 7-Eleven and cleaned the shelf of them. The cashier did look at me kind of funny when I paid for them.
6. Do you have any hidden talents?
I'm good at making whiskey disappear.
7. Do you have a guilty pleasure?
Kicking Marty Scurll, but I wouldn't say I feel guilty about it.
8. Speaking of Marty Scurll, which of you is the better karaoke singer, and what’s your go-to karaoke song?
I don't think anyone would want to hear us in a karaoke-off. That would be awful. My go-to song is “Smooth” by Santana, though, which I have no problem screaming at people as much as they don't want to hear it.
9. What is your most embarrassing moment in pro wrestling?
Eurgh, so many. Once Dalton Castle tried to deadlift German suplex me and he squeezed me so tight I farted down his chest.
10. Any final words for ROH fans?
Enjoy the product. Right now's a crazy time in wrestling and things are just getting exciting. You can follow me on Instagram/Facebook/Twitter @thisishaskins or through my site www.thisishaskins.com Thanks!