Find out who Christopher Daniels’ favorite comic book villain is, what he knows about the whereabouts of Curry Man, what he expects to be doing the day after Final Battle and more.
1. If you weren't a pro wrestler, what would you be doing for a living?
I’d absolutely be running my own comic book shop. Fallen Angel’s Heavenly Treasures! Sounds good, right? Almost … divine?
2. Who is your favorite movie or comic book villain?
The one I felt had the most staying power has been Magneto. In the comic books, and with both Ian McKellen and Michael Fassbender playing him on screen, he’s always had the most interesting backstory and motivation, in my eyes.
3. Who was your favorite wrestler growing up?
My first favorite wrestler was Magnum T.A. I had the opportunity to see him live in Fayetteville, N.C., against Ric Flair and Nikita Koloff.
4. What's the best advice you've been given about the wrestling business and who gave it to you?
“The only thing you can control in your career is what happens from bell to bell.” Terry Taylor gave me this advice when I would stress out about dealing with the higher-ups in wrestling.
5. Do you have any hidden talents?
Of course not. I’ve revealed the long list of my talents to the world. Why hide anything?
6. You were in the main event on the very first ROH show. What were your first impressions of the company?
Honestly, it wasn't until a year later that I realized that Ring of Honor was going to become something long-lasting. For the first few months it was one of many bookings that I had on the independent scene. But slowly and surely I saw a fanbase beginning to grow and a locker room becoming a cohesive crew of outstanding talent.
7. What is the worst of the worst towns you've been in?
Unless they're in Southern California they’re tied for worst. All of them.
8. What is Frankie Kazarian’s best quality and what is his worst quality?
Frankie’s best quality is his myriad of spot-on impressions of every wrestler imaginable. His worst is his insistence of setting a 7 a.m. alarm with the loudest heavy metal music possible.
9. Do you happen to know the whereabouts of Curry Man?
I’ve been told he’s: A) working at a Kinko's in Morioka, Japan; B) mowing lawns in the Southern states in the U.S.; and C) dead in the trunk of my car. I suppose any one of those is possible.
10. Let's fast-forward to the day after Final Battle 2018. What will you and Kazarian be doing?
Celebrating our new contracts with Ring of Honor. Of course.