Brawler Milonas of The Bouncers reveals which ROH wrestler comes the closest to being able to keep up with him and Beer City Bruiser at the bar, the pop music diva who is his guilty pleasure, why his Super Bowl party is the place to be, and more.
1. What would you be doing for a living if you hadn’t gone into pro wrestling?
I had always wanted to be a pro baseball player growing up. Big shock -- I played first base. So in my mind, if I wasn’t in Ring of Honor I’d be playing first base for the Boston Red Sox hitting balls off the Green Monster.
2. What’s the best advice you’ve been given about the wrestling business and who gave it to you?
I’ve been so fortunate to be around so many great minds, and none greater than my mentor, Killer Kowalski. The best thing he ever told me may also be the simplest: Make the people notice you! It’s something I tell myself right before every match.
3. You signed your first pro wrestling contract earlier this year after more than 15 years in the business. Can you put into words what that means to you?
It was such a special moment. To hear so many “no’s” for so many years was so tough, but it also made me appreciate this opportunity so much. It definitely was an achievement and something I’ll never forget.
4. What is your most embarrassing moment in wrestling?
Thankfully is was fairly early on and not in front of very many people. I learned a hard lesson that I’m not going to be a guy who can wrestle in something like dress pants. Was a bodyguard for a smaller guy and they wanted me dressed like Big Bubba Rogers. About 30 seconds into my match I blew out the crotch of my pants. Luckily I wasn’t wearing my underwear with the hearts on them.
5. Do you have any hidden talents?
I’m a pretty good cook and have a chili recipe that I’ve worked on for years. I’m constantly tweaking and playing with it to change it up and keep it fresh. You absolutely want to be at my Super Bowl party!
6. Do you have a guilty pleasure?
Oh man, do I want to admit this? I love terrible pop music. If you see me walking around with headphones on there’s about a 75 percent chance I’m listening to some Taylor Swift.
7. What’s on your bucket list?
From a personal standpoint, I absolutely want to see the pyramids in person. In wrestling, I want to wrestle in Japan and of course be one half of the ROH World Tag Team Champions.
8. Is there anyone in ROH who can keep up with The Bouncers as far as drinking beer? If not, who comes the closest?
I don’t know if anyone can keep up with us. We’ve closed our fair share of bars across the U.S. You know who comes damn close, though? RUSH! The man is a beast in the ring and in the bar!
9. What are Beer City Bruiser’s best and worst qualities?
You have to admire how many beers the man can put away, and c’mon, that frog splash. Having said that, it’s of the utmost importance that I fall asleep before him on the road because you can hear the Bruiser snoring four rooms down the hall.
10. If The Kingdom’s Vincent and TK O’Ryan are reading this, what would you like to say to them?
Vincent and TK, you picked the wrong guys to mess with. We may like to drink and have a good time, but when it comes time to fight, we can go toe-to-toe with anyone. You’ve brought out a different side of The Bouncers and you’re going to pay dearly.