Beer City Bruiser of The Bouncers reveals what words of wisdom were given to him by the legendary Harley Race, the dance craze he doesn’t see the appeal of, the significance of the writing on his wrist tape and more.
1. If you weren’t a professional wrestler, what would you be doing for a living?
I would definitely own my own bar. I’ve bounced and been a bartender, so that’s the next step.
2. What’s the best advice you’ve been given in the wrestling business and who gave it to you?
Both Trevor Adonis and Harley Race have told me to stay humble. Wrestling was here before me and will be here long after.
3. What is your earliest memory of pro wrestling?
I remember Bruiser Brody versus Stan Hansen at an AWA show. They brawled right past me, all bloody and sweaty. Brody was huge!
4. What is your most embarrassing moment in pro wrestling?
Spilling my beer on me before Silas [Young] and I wrestled War Machine.
5. What’s something that’s popular that you just don’t see the appeal of?
I don’t get the dance called flossing. I don’t floss. I ain’t got no teeth!
6. Do you have any hidden talents?
I’m a really good swimmer! I’ve been swimming longer than I’ve been walking.
7. What is your beer of choice?
I prefer Yuengling or Miller Lite.
8. What is Brian Milonas’ best quality and what is his worst?
He has no bad qualities! His best is how he handles his beer. The man can drink!
9. We’ve noticed you have some writing on your wrist tape. What does it say and what is its significance?
It says “Boppa.” My father-in-law was called this by all his grandkids. When he passed, he left me the money to attend the ROH tryout camp in his will. Without him, I wouldn’t be in Ring of Honor.
10. The Bouncers have been hearing cheers as of late. What message do you have for ROH fans?
Keep an eye on The Bouncers in 2019. And remember -- keep on chugging!