Ring of Honor returned to Chicago Ridge on Saturday March 2nd for the "11th Anniversary Event" live on iPPV and while it proved to be a memorable birthday for ROH, it was certainly not so in a positive fashion. Titles changed hands in two top-shelf bouts but the chaos that took place following the main event is what shook the foundation of honor... The replay is available for On Demand viewing right now at ROHWRESTLING.com/iPPV
"11th Anniversary Event"
Chicago Ridge, IL
March 2, 2013
1. Six Man Mayhem: ACH beat QT Marshall, Silas Young, Mike Sydal, Adam Page and Tadarius Thomas when he pinned Young
2. Tag Team Grudge Match: S.C.U.M (Steve Corino & Jimmy Jacobs) beat Caprice Coleman & Cedric Alexander
3. No Holds Barred Match: BJ Whitmer defeated Charlie Haas via referee stoppage; This one saw the use of tables, chairs, trash cans, & more as Whitmer took ridiculous amounts of abuse but survived to beat Haas with repeated knees to the head which forced the official to stop the match
4. Dream Match: The American Wolves (Davey Richards & Eddie Edwards) beat The Forever Hooligans (Rocky Romero & Alex Koslov)
5. 2/3 Falls Match: "Unbreakable" Michael Elgin beat Roderick Strong 2-1; Elgin captured the first fall in short order with a backfist/buckle bomb/Elgin Bomb combination, Strong scored the second fall with a might suplex/backbreaker combo, and Elgin notched the final fall via Crossface submission
6. World TV Title Match: Matt Taven beat Adam Cole to become the 7th TV Champion; Matt Hardy sat ringside for commentary during the match and the end result came about due to some involvement from Truth Martini at ringside
7. World Tag Title Match: redDRagon (Kyle O'Reilly & Bobby Fish) beat Jay & Mark Briscoe to become the 36th Tag Team Champions
8. World Title Match: Kevin Steen defeated Jay Lethal to retain in his 15th defense; In a must-see battle, both men survived tremendous amounts of punishment, including Lethal being put through a table with an F-Cinq and kicking out of a Package Piledriver. Steen refused the help of Jimmy Jacobs in the homestretch before eventually securing the victory with a top rope Brainbuster a la El Generico
- Following the match absolute chaos ensued as Rhino hit the ring to Gore Lethal, which in turn brought out Jay & Mark Briscoe, Caprice Coleman, and Cedric Alexander to fend off the assault. Jimmy Rave made a shocking return to join the fight and align himself with S.C.U.M, BJ Whitmer & Rhett Titus came out to help the fight but Titus turned on Whitmer to align himself with S.C.U.M. Michael Elgin came to assist, Cliff Compton hit the ring to join S.C.U.M, Adam Cole came to help but Matt Hardy then joined up with S.C.U.M.
In the end, S.C.U.M stood tall with a great deal of the ROH locker room tied to the ropes or laid out around the ring. Steve Corino said that "this was the evolution of S.C.U.M and the destruction of Ring of Honor" and that no one could do anything about it. Jimmy Jacobs took a spike to an ROH banner held and they laid the remnants of the torn flag on the prone body of Jay Lethal. Interestingly enough, while all of this was going on, Kevin Steen took no part in any of it, rather just stood by and watched it all unfold, almost as if he had no idea what was taking place.