ROH and NJPW Present WAR OF THE WORLDS RESULTS
- Prior to the start of the live ippv, Caprice Coleman was set to take on Silas Young. Young addressed the sold out Hammerstein Ballroom crowd, stating he was better than this and refused to wrestle. Coleman turned his attention toward The Decade, whose attack on his former partner, Cedric Alexander, caused Alexander to pull out of War of the Worlds. Adam Page - at the insistence of The Decade's Jimmy Jacobs - accepted the match instead.
- Caprice Coleman defeated Adam Page. After the match, Jacobs chastised and kicked The Decade's young boy as punishment for the loss.
- The Bullet Club came down to he ring to introduce themselves and AJ Styles as the IWGP Champion. They were interrupted by Kazuchika Okada and Gedo. Gedo claimed that Okada can beat AJ Styles, which brought out AJ's scheduled opponent, "Unbreakable" Michael Elgin who suggested a Triple Threat Match! Nigel McGuinness made it official: the War of the Worlds main event would now be a Triple Threat Match for the IWGP title.
- Matt Taven, Tommaso Ciampa, and ACH defeated the team of Forever Hooligans (Rocky Romero & Alex Koslov) and Takkaki Wanatabe when Taven pinned Wanatabe.
- The Decade (BJ Whitmer & Roderick Strong) beat Gedo & Jado after Strong hit a Sick Kick on Gedo. After the match, Cedric Alexander hit the ring gunning for Strong, Jacobs, and Whitmer, whose vicious attack injured Alexander so severely he had to miss his scheduled match against Okada.
- ROH World Television Championship: Jay Lethal defeated KUSHIDA and retained the TV Title. During the match, Senior Official Todd Sinclair ejected Lethal's manager Truth Martini.
- IWGP Tag Team Championship: "Machine Gun" Karl Anderson & Doc Gallows, representing Bullet Club, scored a victory over Jay & Mark Birscoe in a wild brawl and retained their titles.
- Shinsuke Nakamura pinned Kevin Steen. After the match, Steen thanked the fans and explained that he planned to take some time off from wrestling. Silas Young interrupted and the two men had to be separated.
- Hiroshi Tanahashi defeated Michael Bennett. Despite the interference of Maria Kanellis, Tanahashi came out on top with the High Fly Flow.
- ROH World Tag Team Championship: reDRagon (Bobby Fish & Kyle O'Reilly) beat The Young Bucks and won the titles when Matt Jackson tapped out to O'Reilly. reDRagon were seconded by UFC star "Filthy" Tom Lawlor in an incredible match many said could be the Match of the Year!
- ROH World Championship: Adam Cole retained his title against pro wrestling legend Jushin "Thunder" Liger. Liger tapped out to the Figure Four leg lock. After the match, Cole refused to shake Liger's hand, disgusting the entire audience.
- IWGP Heavyweight Championship: “Phenomenal” AJ Styles defeated “Unbreakable” Michael Elgin and Kazuchika Okada and retained his title. Originally a one-on-one contest, this match was made a triple threat. Styles pinned Elgin with the Styles Clash. After the match, Adam Cole attacked all 3 men and nailed them with the ROH title belt, declaring himself the real "best in the world."
The replay of "WAR OF THE WORLDS" is available now along with "GLOBAL WARS" by clicking here.