ROH TV RESULTS
1. Mark Briscoe pinned Tadarius Thomas
- World Champion Adam Cole came to the ring to address the fans. Cole said that being champion, at its core, is the realization of becoming a real man and that a real man does and says what he wants to get what he wants. Adam said that after years of hard work he has gotten what he wants, he has achieved his golden dream. Adam continued by saying that when he first started wrestling, he was told that in order to be successful, you have to shake everybody’s hand, smile, and make it look like you were happy to be there. Now he sees that that was just to keep him down from becoming the best in the world. He said there will be no more shaking hands or fake smiles or just being happy to be here. If that continued, he would have become your Ring of Honor World Champion.
Cole said that in order to get what you haven’t got, you have to do things you wouldn’t do. He also addressed the two men he left laying at Death Before Dishonor XI who claim to be the ‘Real World Champion’ but he said they are just a couple of chumps.
He said people asked him why he would you kick Jay Briscoe in the back? Adam said that when Jay challenged Kevin Steen for the World Title and he had his moment, his family and friends were there to help him celebrate. Yet Adam said that Jay tried to ruin his moment and rain on his parade and that washed up Jay Briscoe should feel lucky that all Adam did was kick him in the back of the head.
He then addressed Michael Elgin by saying that since they both started in Ring of Honor, they had been labeled as the breakout stars and the future. As Cole began to run down Elgin he made his way to the ring which prompted Nigel to get in the middle. Cole tried to leave while Elgin entered the ring but Jay Briscoe blocked his escape route.
Elgin tried to hit Adam with a clothesline but missed and Cole bailed but left the title belt in the ring. Elgin held it up but Jay took the title belt and they got in each others face.
2. Michael Bennett & Maria Kanellis beat Cheeseburger & Brutal Bob; After the match Bennett attempted to piledrive Cheeseburger but Kevin Steen intervened. Kevin said he actually didn't have a problem with what happened to BJ Whitmer because he knew the risks and that he doesn't have a problem with doing it to Cheeseburger either. His problem is Bennett bragging about having the best piledriver. He then reminded Bennett that he was crying after the incident with BJ to which Maria responded by slapping Steen across the face.
- Steve Corino came to the ring to try and take his spot as a commentator claiming he has a valid contract for the job. He was escorted away...
3. World Tag Team Title Match: reDRagon (Bobby Fish & Kyle O'Reilly) defeated IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Tag Champions The Forever Hooligans (Rocky Romero & Alex Koslov) and C&C Wrestle Factory (Caprice Coleman & Cedric Alexander) when they pinned Koslov; After the match, Outlaw Inc attempted to attack Bobby Fish but O'Reilly pulled him out of harm's way
1. Adam Page pinned ACH
- Match Maker Nigel McGuinness came to the ring to discuss the World Title Tournament. He said that as a former Ring of Honor Champion himself, whether it was Tommaso Ciampa refusing to tap out or Michael Elgin gutting it out in the finals, it was a great night. He stated that Adam Cole showed how good he is and when the bell rang at the end of the match, Nigel said he was proud to be part of Ring of Honor. Nigel says that the match is already booked.
1. World Title Tournament Semi-Final Match: Adam Cole defeated Tommaso Ciampa via referee stoppage to advance
2. World Title Tournament Semi-Final Match: Michael Elgin submitted Kevin Steen to advance
- Michael Elgin came to the ring to discuss the World Title Tournament which led to a face-to-face confrontation with Kevin Steen. This in turn brought Michael Bennett & Maria out as well as Tommaso Ciampa before officials came out to insure no violence broke out...
2. World Title Tournament First Round Match: Karl Anderson defeated ACH to advance
3. World Title Tournament First Round Match: Adam Cole beat Mark Briscoe to advance; Briscoe still showed signs of the concussion he suffered a few months ago and Cole took advantage of that to get the win with a superkick followed by a Jay Driller
- Nigel McGuinness entered the ring to explain why he had to strip Jay Briscoe of the World Title and announce the beginning of the World Title Tournament to crown a new champion. He also declared a renewed focus on the World Tag Team Titles which brought out the World champions reDRagon. Bobby Fish & Kyle O'Reilly proceeded to talk about how great of a team they are and actually requested their scheduled Proving Ground match with The Forever Hooligans be changed to a World Tag Team Title match. Nigel, of course, acquiesced to their request which in turn brought out The American Wolves. Davey & Eddie applauded reDRagon's decision to put the belts on the line and said whoever leaves as champion better keep the belts warm for The Wolves.
- The scheduled Tournament Qualifier between Silas Young & Adam Page became a Triple Threat Match after QT Marshall protested that the fans were allowed to decide his fate. This led to Page telling Nigel to put QT in the match and ended up with...
2. World Title Tournament Qualifier: Silas Young beat Adam Page & QT Marshall to earn a spot in the tournament after pinning Marshall
3. World Tag Team Title Match: IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Tag Champions The Forever Hooligans (Rocky Romero & Alex Koslov) beat reDRagon (Kyle O'Reilly & Bobby Fish) to become the 37th World Tag Team Champions
2. Steel Cage Warfare: Team ROH (Kevin Steen, Michael Elgin, Jay Lethal, and BJ Whitmer) beat S.C.U.M (Jimmy Jacobs, Rhino, Cliff Compton, & Rhett Titus); As a result, S.C.U.M must now leave Ring of Honor!
- Titus eliminated Whitmer following a Spike Piledriver
- Lethal eliminated Rhino after a Lethal Injection
- Lethal eliminated Titus after a Lethal Injection
- Compton eliminated Lethal after Jacobs speared him thru a table
- Elgin eliminated Compton after an Elgin Bomb
- Jacobs eliminated Elgin after Corino threw a fireball at him
- Steen eliminated Jacobs with a Package Piledriver
1. Roderick Strong beat Adam Cole via DQ after Steve Corino tossed a chain in the ring and Cole was caught using it
2. World Title Match: Jay Briscoe beat Matt Hardy to retain; Following the match Rhino hit the ring and laid out Jay with a Gore. Mark Briscoe then stormed the ring but was knocked out by Corino. SCUM fought off Jay Lethal, Michael Elgin and BJ Whitmer on the outside and tied them all to the posts. Rhino then nailed Mark with three chairshots while Corino offered them to finish off Jay. Matt Hardy then stomped a chair that was wrapped around the already injured shoulder of Jay Briscoe.
2. "The Sicilian Psychopath" Tommaso Ciampa defeated Rip Impact
- Steve Corino came to the ring with Jimmy Jacobs, Cliff Compton, and Rhett Titus at his side and ranted against decisions ROH Match Maker Nigel McGuinness had made recently. Steve complained about Jay Lethal and C&C Wrestle Factory getting title opportunities when they had all recently lost to members of S.C.U.M. Corino complained about Matt Hardy not getting his title opportunity at “Best in the World 2013”, but most importantly, Corino complained about how Nigel laid his hands on Steve at “Border Wars 2013” when Corino got laid out during the Briscoe/Cole World Title Match. Steve said how he should gave gone to Human Resources, how he should have filed a lawsuit, and how, with a snap of his fingers, Corino could bring it all down before we even get to “BITW” in Baltimore. He told Nigel, who was now flanked by Lethal, Caprice, and Cedric, to do the “right” thing before S.C.U.M burned the company to the ground...
3. The American Wolves (Davey Richards & Eddie Edwards) beat World Champion Jay Briscoe & Mark Briscoe after Mark accidentally struck Jay; This also marks the first time The Wolves have beaten The Briscoes in ROH history...
- Match Maker Nigel McGuinness came to the ring with two men who were supposed to battle it out in Paul London and “Unbreakable” Michael Elgin. Unfortunately a concussion suffered during his “Border Wars 2013” fight with Davey Richards forced London to pull out of the bout but Nigel said that Paul proved he can hang with the best and that Paul has a spot for life in Ring of Honor. Nigel stated Paul has to take care of his concussion and that the match between Elgin & London will take place when Paul is healthy.
2. Jay Lethal beat BJ Whitmer & Mike Bennett to earn a World TV Title match at "Best in the World 2013"; after the match Whitmer & Bennett got into a pull-apart fight
Steve says that he could have called Human Resources and said that this was an unsafe working environment. Steve also said that he was surprised that he gave a title shot to Mark even though he lost to Kevin Steen at "War".
Corino went on to say that he doesn’t care who is the World Champion after Best in the World because they will have to defend that championship against his best friend, Matt Hardy.
Corino touched Nigel, Jay Briscoe took a swing at Corino but missed and struck Davey instead. Eddie went after Jay, Mark went after Eddie, Corino laughed and Michael Elgin who had came out through the curtain watched what was going on in the ring.
3. Non-Title: GHC Jr. Heavyweight Champion Taiji Ishimori beat Roderick Strong
1. Roderick Strong pinned "The Prodigy" Mike Bennett after Cheeseburger kisses Maria to distract him
2. I Quit Match: BJ Whitmer defeated Rhett Titus; Earlier in the match Steve Corino was ejected from ringside but returned later when, after Titus failed to restrain BJ, Whitmer had Rhett zip-tied to the ropes and was ready to hit him with a chair. Corino offered himself in Rhett's place to take the chair but Titus, to save Steve from an assault, said I Quit. Jimmy Jacobs and Cliff Compton hit the ring to assault BJ which brought out Jay Lethal & Michael Elgin which led to...
2. Daviene versus MsChif ended in a No Contest after Veda Scott interfered
3. Davey Richards submitted World Tag Team Champion Kyle O'Reilly